Ez-Gro Calcium is a versatile plant nutrient supplement powder, which exploits amino acid chelation to enhance its bioavailability. As an essential second messenger, calcium is associated with virtually all aspects of plant growth and development and acts as a signal to elongate both shoots and roots. It is also crucial for the proper incorporation of cell wall components, and therefore has a structural role in the quality of plant development. Add EZ-GRO Calcium to your current fertilizer regimen to remedy calcium deficiencies and improve growth, yield and quality of your plants.
Characteristics of Calcium Deficiency
• Inferior root growth and development
• Leaf curling and possible necrosis
• Fruit cracking; poor fruit storage
- Calcium is important for proper cell wall and plasma membrane structure and function
- Chloroplasts store calcium due to its pivotal role in photosynthetic energy transfer
- Calcium may also affect growth through its tight regulatory role in the release of growth-active compounds
- Calcium is under extremely tight regulation inside the cell and therefore excess may be toxic and actually hinder growth
May be used on all agricultural, horticultural and ornamental crops that require and respond to Calcium nutritional supplements.
Can be applied directly to the soil as a powder, through drip or injection systems, or by foliar application through conventional, low-volume, or aerial sprayers.
Can be formulated into NPK fertilizers as a source of Calcium, and is compatible with a wide range of fertilizer materials, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
See label for detailed usage directions.