Yucca is a rich source of steroidal saponins, whose extract acts as a natural surfactant or wetting agent. Surfactants work to reduce surface tension between water particles, which facilitates spreading. It also enables water to spread evenly through soil, reducing the presence of dry spots and water channels. EZ-GRO Yucca can be added to fertilizers to increase their effectiveness and add additional protection against drought, heat, salt and UV stress. Conserve water, increase productivity and protect against dehydration by asdding EZ-GRO Yucca to your fertilizer.
Potted vegetables, herbs and flowers:
- Use at a rate of 1.5g per litre of water once every 2 weeks in hot weather.
Row and field crops – new seedlings or transplants:
- Use at a rate of 2L per hectare. Drench soil before or after planting. Repeat mid season.
- Use at a rate of 0.5L per hectare. Spray over planted beds. Repeat mid season.
Tomatoes and bell peppers:
- Use at a rate of 1L per hectare. Add to first feed. Reapply every 2 weeks in hot weather.
- Use at a rate of 1L per hectare. First application at 10 days after transplanting, second application of 0.5L per hectare 2 months later.
- Use at a rate of 1.5L per hectare. Every 45 days beginning at green up.
- Use at a rate of 1.5L per hectare. Every 30 days beginning at green up.
Flowers and ground cover:
- Use at a rate of 2L per hectare. Apply every 2 weeks in hot weather.
Soil and Compost:
- Use at a rate of 2L per hectare. Apply to soil/compost and mix thoroughly. Reapply as necessary to improve water, and nutrient penetration.
Hydroponics and Medical Marijuana:
- Use at a rate of 0.5ml per litre of water. Apply to roots weekly though grow and bloom, beginning at transplant.